The master of profound expression, Rabindranath Tagore is the pioneer in literature. He is not only a writer but writer with very clear mind and full of philosophy. His outlook and his profound way of expressing every feeling through his words is what got him the Nobel Prize in 1913.
On Gurudev’s 77th death anniversary, here are some love poems written by Tagore:
1. I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times…In life after life, in age after age, forever.
As the title of this poem is ‘Unending love’, somewhere such kind of love seems to have vanished at this age but when you read these lines, your heart yearns.
2. Trust love even if it brings sorrow. Do not close up your heart. The heart is only for giving away with a tear and a song.
An excerpt from ‘The Gardener’, a broken heart shouldn’t stay broken, never close your heart. Heart is the only way to throw away the tears and accept happiness in life.
3. Love’s gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.
Here is something, LOVE which cannot be given or taken, it just needs acceptance and there is no other way but feelings involved.
4. Beauty is truth’s smileWhen she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror.
Beauty beholds at how the other person perceives you and a beautiful smile is the key to transparent person. What is more beautiful than that?
5. Lips’ language to lips’ ears.Two drinking each other’s heart, it seems.Two roving loves who have left home,Pilgrims to the confluence of lips.
The way he describes a kiss, only he can. The beauty, the magic and the passion of a kiss can only be described with his words.
For more interesting stories, download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.