Winter is coming and who wouldn’t love to have a Hot Chocolate along with a fine novel?
Not only that, you can have an amazing Mexican-Spiced Hot Chocolate in between sleep-overs, movie marathoning, hangouts and even if you are having a quiet alone time. Also, since hot chocolate beverage is easy to make, you can have it after a long day of labour.
The best part being, you don’t have to spend a big amount of money to get a cup of hot chocolate anymore. Make your own perfect cup of Mexican-Spiced Hot Chocolate to keep your winter warm.
Ingredients: Serves 1
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
Few drops of Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
1 spoon light brown sugar
A pinch of ground cinnamon
A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Few drops of vanilla extract
Cinnamon sticks for decoration
1. Put chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne in a pot and whisk all together.
2. Next pour the milk into the cocoa powder mixture you have made and put it on a medium heat.
3. Whisk the milk occasionally for 8 to 10 minutes and then remove it.
4. Now, add salt and vanilla extract into the milk and stir.
5. If you are serving immediately, pour milk into a mug and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
NOTE: You can also store your Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate in your refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just make sure you put it in an airtight container. While serving, simply, reheat gently over low heat.
For more interesting stories, download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.