Durga puja is never complete without food and 50% of the puja is all about food. We go the pandals and hop like, we never got food in our lives. That in all Bangalis out there!
Here is the staple food of Saptami day. Prepare the perfectly made Bhapa Ilish and it will not take you much effort to keep your folks’ mood happy throughout the festival. Happy tummy without much effort.
4 pieces of fish (Hilsa) along with the fish eggs
5 tablespoons of mustard seeds paste
4 tablespoons of mustard oil
1 spoon of turmeric powder
1 spoon of Kashmiri chili powder
Chilly 6 pieces (slit from the middle)
1 spoon green chilly paste
Method (For Microwave users):
1. First take a microwave-proof pot.
2. Arrange the Hilsa fish pieces in this container first.
3. Next, add all the spices together, sugar and salt. Then add 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
4. Now mix all of it well and keep it to rest for 15 minutes.
5. After the resting period, put the chilly pieces on top of the fishes and turn on the microwave.
6. Let the fish cook inside the microwave for 10 - 15 minutes.
7. After switching off the microwave, keep it in for 2 minutes.
8. Now, pour bit of raw mustard oil and slit chilly and serve it hot.
Method (For Non-Microwave users):
1. Continue after 4th point.
2. If you do not have a microwave, you should pour half a cup of water in a pan.
3. After the water starts to boil, then, take a steel container with closed lid and insert the mix of Hilsa fish.
4. Check if the steel container is half filled with water outside.
5. After 10-15 minutes, switch off the gas.
6. Then pour the raw mustard oil and slit chilly and serve it hot.
For more interesting stories, download the Lopscoop application from Google play store and earn extra money by sharing it on social media.